I have installed ELX Linux also.  I am very impressed. At first I didn't
think to much of the "My Computer" and the "Network Neighborhood"
on the desktop but after playing around a little and using the different
features of them, I found them rather handy.  But then, I'm not a real
dyed in the wool Linux user either.

The one thing I found interesting is that I have 2 harddrives in the box.
Elx installed on the proper drive but doesn't see the other drive
(windows) so that I could mount the windows drive.  Altho it did find the
other 2 machines on my network (both Windows) and set them up with
Samba.

I am still having issues with the CD-RW and CD-R and Floppy drive
and the locks. Once in a while I can get to them but then cannot
unmount them as it thinks they are busy.

Overall I would say its an excellent distro and would recommend it
especially for Windows users who want to ease into a Linux
enviornment.

Ray
Ray & Nancy Plummer
Copper, Elektra & WOK