On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:38:33 -0800
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am still having issues with the CD-RW and CD-R and Floppy drive
> and the locks. Once in a while I can get to them but then cannot
> unmount them as it thinks they are busy.

I disabled supermount by changing the /etc/fstab lines, which cured my
cd problems.
Here are the new lines I use.

/dev/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660
defaults,user,rw,noauto         0 0/dev/cdrom1     /mnt/cdrom1
iso9660         defaults,user,rw,noauto         0 0/dev/floppy
/mnt/floppy     vfat            defaults,user,rw,noauto         0 0

I use append  append="hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi" to enable my cd-rw
and dvd for scsi emulation. This is mostly untested, but both show in
"cdrecord -scanbus"
--
Ken Moffat
[EMAIL PROTECTED]