Hey everyone,

Sometime in the distant past we had an Installfest and we had a few dollars
left over.  Nobody wanted to take responsibility for the money, so I was
left holding it and from then on I was the unofficial Treasurer.

We used the money for our regular meetings and I set up a bank account at
Westpac.

The money has been sitting in the bank for several years now untouched.  I
get a statement every 6 months.

I went to the bank over the weekend to change my address and they wouldn't
let me update the account because we haven't proved any documentation like
our last meeting minutes or some other stuff that I can't provide because
'CLUG does not exist'.  They need this documentation to comply with AML
(anti money laundering) rules.

There is about $470 in the account and it earns about 3 - 4 cents per month.

I don't think we are likely to have any more installfests and CLUG doesn't
have any income.  The only expense we might have is our domain name.  This
is currently funded by Discount Domains.  I'm not sure we even need to keep
that.  Have a look at http://clug.org.nz.

I think we should close the bank account and maybe donate the money
somewhere.  Does anyone have any suggestions or objections?

Thanks

David