List dwellers,

The less than satisfactory Dynamix 1000VA UPS that I had a Desktop box and LCD monitor connected to, has coughed its last and been scrapped. It worked to a fashion but I guess I got what I paid for.

Now, what I'm after are "real world recommendations" of what is a linux friendly device to procure as a replacement. That is, it must play nicely with the NUT suite.

I've applied my 'Google' skills and see a range in the marketplace, I'm already swayed toward APC but have seen EATON mentioned a few times.

What are people on this list using in SOHO applications, or are we now all laptops, tablets and smart-phones.

regards,
Andrew Sands
[Looking forward to LCA2018 and beyond.]