David Starner wrote on 2002-11-07 18:17 UTC:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:21:57PM +0000, Markus Kuhn wrote:
> > I too have my personal .Xmodmap file to get currently missing English
> > X11 keysyms such as
> >
> >   endash, emdash, minus, nobreakspace, leftsinglequotemark, leftdoublequotemark,
> >   rightsinglequotemark, rightdoublequotemark, degree, mu
> >
> > accessible on a US keyboard. But all these can only be considered to be
> > guru hacks.
>
> Okay, what are your guru hacks?

Since you asked (this was not intended to be published or reused, it
only works for a US keyboard with AltGraph key, such as that of my
Sunray here):

keysym a = a NoSymbol adiaeresis NoSymbol
keysym o = o NoSymbol odiaeresis NoSymbol
keysym u = u NoSymbol udiaeresis NoSymbol
keysym s = s NoSymbol ssharp     NoSymbol
keysym p = p NoSymbol section    Greek_pi
keysym d = d NoSymbol degree     NoSymbol
keysym e = e NoSymbol EuroSign   NoSymbol
keysym g = g NoSymbol sterling   NoSymbol
keysym i = i NoSymbol idiaeresis NoSymbol
keysym m = m NoSymbol emdash     mu
keysym n = n NoSymbol endash     NoSymbol
keysym space = space NoSymbol nobreakspace NoSymbol
keysym minus = minus underscore 0x01002212 NoSymbol
keysym bracketleft = bracketleft braceleft leftsinglequotemark leftdoublequotemark
keysym bracketright = bracketright braceright rightsinglequotemark rightdoublequotemark
keysym 1 = 1 exclam onesuperior NoSymbol
keysym 2 = 2 at twosuperior NoSymbol
keysym 3 = 3 numbersign threesuperior NoSymbol

Markus