YESSS !!!

Thank you Paulo, I tried that and I could get image in guvcview :D

I guess I have to add this to /etc/modprobe.d/somewhere_in_slackware but I
guess I shouldn't have too much trouble with that.

Now I wonder if there is a way to use higher resolutions or is it a
limitation of usb or driver or you_name_it ? All I can use right now is
176x144. when trying to go higher (320x240) I get the previous errors
saying there is no space left in device.

Anyway, thanks again !

Claudio