Hi Martin,

On Wednesday 24 November 2010 19:24:44 Martin wrote:
> On 24/11/10 17:01, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 November 2010 14:40:47 malef...@malefico3d.org wrote:
> >> The other thing is once I detected the problem is the bandwidth, what
> >> should I do ?
> >
> > Have you tried the FIX_BANDWIDTH quirk ?
>
> OK... Got to ask...
>
> What does the "FIX_BANDWIDTH quirk" do? (And how?)

See Paulo's answer in this mail thread.

> Also... What controls whether a webcam uses USB 1.1 or USB 2?
>
> Is that controlled by the USB hardware? Or could a kernel driver set a
> USB 2 connected device to run at USB 1.1 speed?

It's controlled by the hardware.

When connected to a system with USB 1.1 controller, USB 2.0 devices fall back
to full-speed and low-speed modes only. Systems with a USB 2.0 controller
include a companion USB 1.1 controller to support USB 1.1 devices. USB 2.0
devices using high-speed transfer are automatically connected to the USB 2.0
controller, and all other devices (USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 using full-speed or low-
speed modes) are connected to the companion controller. I'm not sure if that
behaviour can be controlled by software.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart