Hi,

2011/8/2 Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com>:
> Hi Carl,
>
> On Tuesday 02 August 2011 07:29:47 Carl Michal wrote:
>> Hi Laurent,
>>
>> I understand there were changes made in the exposure settings
>> in 3.0.  I just installed 3.0 and have some new/different issues here.
>>
>> I have two cameras available: a quanta integrated webcam in a dell XPS 15
>> and a logitech C910.
>>
>> For either camera, guvcview used to give me a drop-down menu with 4
>> exposure options in addition to an auto priority checkbox and a slider to
>> manually set the exposure. Two of the drop-down settings didn't seem to
>> work, but two of them did. With a 3.0 kernel, there is only an auto
>> exposure check-box and manual exposure slider - but the exposure slider no
>> longer works and guvcview says:
>> control id: 0x009a0902 failed to set (error -1) (for the quanta)
>> or
>> control id: 0x009a0902 failed to set (error -1) (for the logitech)
>
> So pretty much the same error for both :-)
>
> Could you try listing the controls with v4l2-ctl or yavta ? The auto-exposure
> control should still be a menu (I expect guvcview to convert it to a boolean
> control automatically for some reason, maybe because it has two values only),

No, if a menu control is reported, then guvcview (1.4.5 at least)
displays a drop down box,
the only special cases are for some integer controls (pan/tilt and led
mode - logitech extension control).
Unless libv4l is doing some magic on this specific control, if a
checkbox is being displayed by guvcview then it means is being
reported as a boolean control.

Regards,
Paulo