Hi Kalle,

> As you only provided one number it's clear that you are only working
> with one driver. But for us it's not that simple, we have to support
> myriad of different types of hardware and there can be complications
> and
> additions later on, even for simple features. Like the dynamic power
> save support I submitted to mac80211 over 10 years which was supposed
> be simple, and still we talk almost every year how do we get it out
> of
> mac80211 as it makes maintenance difficult.

As Denis said we are happy to test other drivers, granted I do not have
*that* many cards on hand to test. I understand the kernel needs to
support all kinds of hardware, yes, but what is your concern with this
patch specifically? What kinds of issues do you foresee this causing?
Or is it that you simply don't know any you'd like to find out?

Thanks,
James