Hi! I commented on a twitter post by michael geist on a globe and mail
article about funding model and approach issues and michael geist's
crticisms on the approach,

My ISP is National Capital Freenet, I notice they seem to value supporting
projects like this, and I noticed that the Ottawa Public Library seems to
do so as well sometimes, and thought groups like these kinds might be good
partners in trying to imagine and connect with their support bases in
thinking about the different needs people have related to news content, and
how to help it best serve the public good etc, and maybe support local
community news and communities in general as well, not just funnel all the
money to big corporations etc.

So my twitter comments were  a little unreadable, I didn't really know what
I was doing with posting very well, so I put it together in a pastebin to
put it all together a little more readably, the pastebin is

https://pastebin.com/UwG2PKsH

but I will recopy what I wrote in it here, the main connection to linux
ottawa I guess would be free open source projects and software, community
collaboration in development and design implementation improvement etc,

-ideas for helping our local media with a funding/ subscriber model that