Hello all,

With Jean-Francois running the Gatineau Linux User Group
(http://www.linux-gatineau.org/), I was curious to check the status of LinuQ
(https://linuq.org/doku.php).

This is what is posted on their website, and I think this could be relevant for
our group (at least something to keep in mind, or to add to our discussion):
Dissolution of LinuQ - Registration to
FACiL<https://linuq.org/doku.php#dissolution_de_linuq_-_inscription_a_facil>

On February 28, LinuQ members present at the EGM voted by absolute majority
(2/3) for the dissolution of LinuQ as a non-profit company, in order to join
our forces at the FACiL organization, for the collective appropriation of free
computing, and create a local section for the greater Quebec City region.

If you have participated in LinuQ activities in the last 5 years, we offer you
the opportunity to take out a one-year “friend” subscription to FACiL from
LinuQ surplus funds. We have the funds to offer 50 subscriptions.

In addition to becoming a member and having voting privileges at meetings, the
subscription gives access to an @facil.quebec email address and 5 GB of storage
in the Nextcloud instance of FACiLes Services.

If you are already a member of FACiL, we will extend the duration of the
existing subscription for a value of $60 (the duration may vary depending on
the third party chosen).

NEW MEMBER: To apply, please complete the FACiL subscription form by choosing
“Interac Transfer” and writing “Transfert LinuQ” in the comment:
https://facil.qc.ca/civicrm/contribute/transact?
reset=1&id=9<https://facil.qc.ca/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=9>

EXISTING MEMBER: Email president [a] linuq [pt] org!

Francois Pelletier

President of LinuQ