On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 13:19:21 -0800
Ron / BCLUG <ad...@bclug.ca> wrote:

> Since mailman2 requires python2, which has been deprecated since
> 2020, might be worth going to mailman3.

Oh, huh.

I looked at mailman3, but it's very different from mailman2 and integrates
very differently with the MTA (it require an LMTP local delivery agent)
and the archiving software is also very different.  So I abandoned trying
to upgrade to it. :(

> Migrating from mailman2 to mailman3 doesn't look terribly burdensome,
> but the many pieces of mailman3 makes it seem unnecessarily difficult.

That was my conclusion also.

> I may just abandon running mailing lists altogether.

They are annoying to run.

Regards,

Dianne.

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org