On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:08:20PM -0800, ramesh bios wrote:
> Yes, I was, or actually, am doubtful as well. I would
> have thought, for sure, you can turn off the cs5530a's
> claim of reads on that address block. But so far I
> can't find any way to do that, and it doesn't seem
> like anyone else has either.

Perhaps setting the ROM interface to subtractive decoding will help?

F0 Index 5Bh, Decode Control Register 2, Bit 5

BIOS ROM Positive Decode: Selects PCI positive or subtractive
decoding for accesses to the configured ROM space.

0 = Subtractive; 1 = Positive.
ROM configuration is at F0 Index 52h[2:0].

It resets to 1.

(Page 94 in the data sheet.)

//Peter