On 4/1/06, Arun K. Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Your comments are valid.  However, IMO it would be better to post them
> on the PCQ forums - post your opinions with your rationale and don't get
> into flame wars.  I don't know if any of the PCQuest engineers are
> subscribed to this list.  I have met Aninda Roy, Sanjay Mazumdar on a
> couple of occasions and they came across as reasonable guys.  Suggest
> you copy Krishna Kumar (editor) if you have not done so.

http://forums.pcquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4283

Have a look at this thread. The person daj123 they are mentioning is
me. This is the state of affairs with PCQuest. I had warned them of
vulnerabilites in their bulletin board much before it got cracked and
defaced, warned them about their registration form. I had mentioned
about the bad CSS / HTML they were using on their main website. It
rendered pretty bad in Mozilla / Mozilla Firefox on Windows as well as
Linux ( which seems to have been fixed now ) Search for daj123's posts
and cross reference them with a member called Yamraj. You'll probably
understand why I left the place for good. Reasoning with PCQ
administration & moderators is like reasoning with a brick wall. No
use.

> In the PCQLinux release notes (or somewhere during the install process)
> I noticed a Dinesh Joshi in the credits - I am guessing it is you.

Yes, it is me. I was one of the beta testers on PCQLinux 2005. I don't
know what exactly did I do to deserve being put into the credits of
PCQLinux 2006. After a few weeks of leaving the forum I received a
call from a friend who works at PCQ. I happened to mention to him
about the bugs in FC4 and explained to him that it was a bad choice.
Dunno why they still stuck on with FC4 when they had Mandrake, Ubuntu
and other wonderful distros to work with. I have started to believe
that Mr.Unny takes joy in discrediting the FOSS community and thats
why even after the popular opinion that they should go with a distro
like Debian / Debian derivatives did they decide to go with FC4.

I am very hurt by the PCQuest's attitude. I thought Krishna Kumar was
a reasonable man who would listen to logical reasoning. May be I was
wrong.

--
Regards,
Dinesh A. Joshi

--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to