Rony Bill wrote:


Hi, I tried it out but this time instead of throwing errors and returning back to the prompt, it went on and on with these errors repeating with the speed slowly reducing. Here is a sample output
below. I had to stop the process after 800+ seconds.


Further to the above mail, I am not even able to copy the cd contents after
mounting it and using simple copy/paste in gui mode. I tried it with 2
different movie cds. One a Hollywood movie and one Marathi. Both are
original but suspecting that maybe the holly one is copy protected, even
the Marathi movie dat file cannot be copied. Both movies play properly
in VLC Player. Even K3B burning gave read errors.

I cross checked with a magazine data cd and it created a full iso using the
simple dd command dd if=/dev/cdrom of=file.iso

Does the Linux kernel have some cd movie copy protection? Any known application
or dependency thats causing this?

Regards,

Rony.


        
        
                
___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com


--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to