On Sun, 09 Apr 2006, Rony Bill wrote:

> Rony Bill wrote:
> 
> Further to the above mail, I am not even able to copy the cd contents after
> mounting it and using simple copy/paste in gui mode. I tried it with 2
> different movie cds. One a Hollywood movie and one Marathi. Both are
> original but suspecting that maybe the holly one is copy protected, even
> the Marathi movie dat file cannot be copied. Both movies play properly
> in VLC Player. Even K3B burning gave read errors.
> 
> I cross checked with a magazine data cd and it created a full iso using the
> simple dd command dd if=/dev/cdrom of=file.iso
> 
> Does the Linux kernel have some cd movie copy protection? Any known 
> application
> or dependency thats causing this?
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Rony.

If the cd is not scratched, do this:

cdrdao copy

man cdrdao.

I've noticed that if a cd/dvd is scratched, you can't copy it on your pc
but it migh run just well on a vcd/dvd player. I don't kow why. 

regards,

Sharukh.
-- 
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.                        Homoeopath, Linuxer.
             Don't steal... the IRS hates competition!

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to