Hi,

Dinesh A. Joshi wrote:

 > See the reason would be some libraries on Ubuntu may have
 > gotten corrupted which is producing such behavior.

But *what* libraries? Other sites work fine. Only facebook
& hotmail seem to be affected.

 > So you're telling me that on the same machine he's got dual boot
 > with XP and Ubuntu, right? Using the same MTNL connection, the
 > sites work fine on XP and dont load up with Ubuntu. Hmm...maybe
 > he should use XP... haha  :)

Ha ha. Here I'm trying to keep him convinced to use XP only for
games and use Ubuntu for everything else....

And the system has been working perfectly from last August (when I
installed it) till about a week ago. I suppose it's possible that
one of the security updates did the damage, but why on earth
would it only affect those 2 sites.

Chirag Wazir
http://chirag.freeshell.org