Chirag Wazir wrote:
> And the system has been working perfectly from last August (when I
> installed it) till about a week ago. I suppose it's possible that
> one of the security updates did the damage, but why on earth
> would it only affect those 2 sites.

I'm not sure. But the problem certainly isn't with the Internet
connection. There is only one possibility that the way Ubuntu is
connecting to MTNL may be the root cause of the problem. I'm using
Ubuntu 8.10 / Debian with recent updates and neither of them have any
problems accessing any of the two websites.

- Dinesh