On Saturday 04 June 2016 09:55 PM, Milind Oka wrote:
Thank you so  much JT and Ashish !

One school is General Education Scociety's M H High School (This management has few more schools, including Chabildas at Dadar) Another one is Shiv Samarth Vidyalya. Both are at Walkable Distance from Thane Station (W).

We had a preliminary meeting in the month of May with Vice Principals and few teachers who are in the result process. They have given sample photocopies of the last result documents (which were made by hand). So we have to plan accordingly. Soon after the school opens on 15th June, we will again arrange a meeting to discuss the details and plan accordingly. Please be ready with your ideas and do join us in the next meeting.

Thank you once again.

--- Milind

Very Nice initiative. Milind,

We have recently created school server with some useful free (open source) software as well as a course creation and course player software with offline content of http://nroer.gov.in/ and many other useful things.

We have also created a DVD customized for schools with curated software. It will be nice to use them

We need some help in creating a docker image of osm and wikipedia. If any of you can help, that will also go to several schools in India.

We are currently working in about 1000 schools in four states. I will be very happy to provide the docker images and USB drive images so that the process is easy to install.

--
GN

Prof. Nagarjuna G.
Gnowledge lab, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
V.N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088