On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Milind Oka <oak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

> source policy in School Education. (Letter dated 19-05-2016)
> They only put footnotes in Syllabus that "open source software can be used
> in the ICT".  Of course convincing Schools
> and Jr Colleges to adopt FOSS on the basis of this letter and footnotes
> would not have been possible. So I called it as "Symbolic Exit of
> Microsoft".

First of all congratulations on your achievement; keep carrying the
torch of enlightenment!

Rather than say "Symbolic Exit of Microsoft" (it won't happen) I would
rather say it is "One big step for FOSS kind" (modified quote of
Astronaut Neil Armstrong walking on the moon) in the Maharashtra
Secondary School.  The FOSS community has to show an "alternate
technology."  To pique the interests of the young minds, we need to
show them the value (monetary benefits).  Only then will they accept
it i.e. well paying jobs with Python/PHP etc. skill set with companies
like Google, FB, Amazon, Flipkart etc. Throwing an idea -- let them
create their own web site with a small CMS and see the results.

IMHO, stay away from points like it is *free* -- most people don't
care (from my experience).

My two cents.

Best
-- Arun Khan