On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 06:50:37PM -0700, Richard Cochran wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 08:46:05PM +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> > At a high level, what I have done is:
> > - I moved the PMC related code from phc2sys into pmc_common.c, for
> >   ts2phc reuse
> > - I created an extra abstraction in ts2phc as "struct clock" that would
> >   represent what's synchronizable. The "master" and "slave" concepts
> >   retain their meaning, which is: "master" == the device that emits PPS,
> >   and "slave" == the device that timestamps PPS.
> >
> > The changes should be backwards-compatible with the non-automatic mode.
> > I have only tested non-automatic mode with a PHC master (that's all I
> > have) and it still appears to work as before.

> This sounds interesting.  It is a pretty big diff, and so I'll need
> time to go through it all.  Right now, I'm rather over committed, and
> so please be patient!

Sure, there's no hurry.
The diff is large, yes, even though I tried to avoid making unnecessary
changes. I hope it isn't too difficult to review, it isn't as polished
as I typically like, because the idea itself was uncertain, so I
preferred not to spend that extra time at this point in the process.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to your feedback whenever you have the
time.

Thanks,
-Vladimir