On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 04:24:47PM +0000, Michalik, Michal wrote:

> Richard - since you obviously have the last word, would you mind to state your
> final decision clearly to avoid any further interpretations of your answer?

As it is, I am really not even keeping up with the PTP patches, and so
I really cannot look after either of these SyncE programs.

> Btw. We also considering contributing your project, if that gets more traction
> and would at some time look more promising. What I am concerned about right
> now
> looking at it, it seems really hardware specific. We aimed to avoid that at
> all
> cost - our application is not connected to Intel HW at all - it can be used
> with NIC of
> any vendor.

I think the ideal solution would be a new project that combines the
best aspects of both efforts.

If that can't happen, then I would suggest adopting two distinct names
for the binaries, like:

- synce4l
- synced

The second one has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Thanks,
Richard