Comment out the line in /etc/fstab that has /home listed. I was thinking to
help Sabayon not freak out, you can create a new "home" in
/tmp/home/<yourusername>, and create a new fstab entry to point to that. I
don't think you will be able to unmount the directory if you are logged in
with that account, so make the fstab change, create the temp home dir,
reboot, and see what happens.