Bastien Nocera said the following on 10/08/2012 06:24 PM:
> [...]
> Looks to me like "builtin" is "tablet is integrated with the display"
> and "ISD" is "tablet is integrated with the computer".
>
> I'm sure we could deprecate the _is_builtin() function, and use a
> bitmask for this support instead?
>
> LIBWACOM_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_WITH_NONE = 0,
> LIBWACOM_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_WITH_DISPLAY = 1<<  0,
> LIBWACOM_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_WITH_COMPUTER = 1<<  2

I am no big fan of "integrated with computer" either, why limiting us
to "computer", I would rather see "integrated with system" (system
being a computer, a handhelp device, etc.) Additionally that matches
the ISD definition, integrated system device..

I would like to keep things simple (as always) for both the developer
and user of the API, and also avoid complicated or convoluted
functions names.

IMHO we should keep the database format similar enough to the function
names accessing it, ie if we deprecate _is_builtin() in the API it
should be also replaced in the database.

In a nutshell what I a would do instead is:

database definition use something like:

IntegratedIn=Display;System

for a tablet PC and

IntegratedIn=Display

for a screen tablet such as a Cintiq.

This is now set in the Device section as it's not really a feature
(but a characteristic of the device).

Now for the API:

libwacom_is_builtin() is deprecated in favor of the WacomIntegrationFlags

One pain point is the "BuiltIn" replacement, because "BuiltIn" is also
automatically set from the sysfs device/properties (see my other email
about the flags in sysfs), so we need an additional flag
WACOM_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_UNSET indicating that the database do not
provide the information. In that case,

Olivier Fourdan (2):
   lib: add "IntegratedIn" to device group
   data: add the IntegratedIn field to the tablet definitions

  data/bamboo-2fg-4x5.tablet        |    2 +-
  data/bamboo-2fg-6x8.tablet        |    2 +-
  data/bamboo-2fg.tablet            |    2 +-
  data/bamboo-craft.tablet          |    2 +-
  data/bamboo-one.tablet            |    2 +-
  data/bamboo-pen.tablet            |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-12wx.tablet           |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-20wsx.tablet          |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-21ux.tablet           |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-21ux2.tablet          |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-22hd.tablet           |    2 +-
  data/cintiq-24hd.tablet           |    2 +-
  data/dtf-720.tablet               |    2 +-
  data/dti-520.tablet               |    2 +-
  data/dtu-1631.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/dtu-2231.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/generic.tablet               |    1 +
  data/graphire-wireless-8x6.tablet |    1 -
  data/isdv4-90.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/isdv4-93.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/isdv4-e3.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/isdv4-e6.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/isdv4-ed.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/isdv4-ef.tablet              |    2 +-
  data/n-trig-pen.tablet            |    2 +-
  data/serial-wacf004.tablet        |    2 +-
  data/wacom.example                |   12 +++----
  libwacom/libwacom-database.c      |   56
  libwacom/libwacom.c               |   64
  libwacom/libwacom.h               |   23 ++++++++++++-
  libwacom/libwacomint.h            |   10 +-----