Dear Dino and Albert

The doc reads well.
Please find thereafter some comments on the version- 09 you posted on the
list

Page 4
*"Client-side:  Client-side is a term used in this document to indicate a
connection initiation attempt by an EID."*

PPE 1: Strictly speaking the EID is just an identifier and does not
initiate anything. Suggest something like this.

*"Client-side:  Client-side is a term used in this document to indicate a
connection initiation attempt by the end system (represented by an EID)"*

Page 6
*The source EID is obtained via existing mechanisms used to set a host's
"local" IP address.  An EID used on the public Internet must have the same
properties as any other IP address used in that manner; this means, among
other things, that it must be globally unique.*

PPE 2: Shouldn't these two be MUST rather than must? Suggestion below
*The source EID is obtained via existing mechanisms used to set a host's
"local" IP address.  An EID used on the public Internet MUST have the same
properties as any other IP address used in that manner; this means, among
other things, that it MUST be globally unique.*

Page 8
*An EID maps to one or more RLOCs.*

PPE 3: Seems to contradict earlier explanation on negative mapping entry
where it is possible that an EID has NO RLOC.

*Page 8 *
*When using multiple mapping database systems, care must be taken to not
create re-encapsulation loops through misconfiguration.*

PPE 4: Suggest to add "re-encapsulation" in the list in Security
Considerations section as this is an exploit possibility.

Page 13
*"gleaned" mapping*

PPE 5: Suggest adding “glean mapping” in the definition section.

Page 17
*"The KK-bits are a 2-bit field used when encapsualted packets
are encrypted."*

PPE 6: Nit - Typo "*encapsualted" -> "**encapsulated"*

Page 20
*"When the lookup succeeds, the locator-set  retrieved from the map-cache
is used to send the packet to the EID's topological location."*

PPE 7: Nit - Suggest capitalize L and S of "locator-set" for consistency
with rest of document.

Page 23
"*The server-side sets a Weight of 0..."*

PPE 8: Nit - For consistency in text change to "Weight of zero".
Page 23
"*Control is shared by the server- side determining the list and the client
determining load  distribution." *

PPE 9: Suggest use of "Client-side"

*"Control is shared by the server- side determining the list and the
client-side determining load distribution."*

Page 24
*When a verified Map-Cache entry is stored, data gleaning no longer occurs
for subsequent packets that have a source EID that matches*
*the EID-Prefix of the verified entry.[PE1]   This "gleaning" mechanism is
OPTIONAL.*

PPE 10: In section 16.2 later gleaning is used as a solution.  Changes in
the gleaned info could be an interesting way to update the cache fast
…however this text make it sound that this is not an option after first
packet.

Page 25
"Note that trusting ICMP messages may  not be desirable, but neither is
ignoring them completely. Implementations are encouraged to follow current
best practices in treating these conditions."

PPE 11: A reference would be useful if possible.

Page 25

*"An ITR that participates in the global routing system can determine that
an RLOC is down if no BGP Routing Information Base (RIB) route exists that
matches the RLOC IP address."*

PPE 12: Isn't this true for any protocol entry not just a BGP entry? We are
really trying to determine if there is no route whatever the protocol.

Page 38
*"For a more detailed networkd design deployment recommendation, refer to
[RFC7215]."*

PPE 13: Nit typo "netword"-> "network"
Page 40
*"By having the PE be the first router on the path to encapsulate, it can
choose a TE path first, and the ETR can decapsulate and Re-Encapsulate for
a new encapsuluation path to the destination end site."*

PPE 14: Nit Typo "*encapsuluation" -> "encapsulation"*

Page 43
"*If the attacker spoofs the source RLOC, it can mount a DoS attack by
redirecting traffic to the spoofed victim;s RLOC, potentially overloading
it."*

PPE 15: Nit  typo "*victim;s" -> "**victim's"*

Thanks
Padma