Unfortunately, I seem to have done something to trigger Mihael Sondow
into attacking everything I say.

If I knew what it was, I would try to undo it.

Since I do not know, I cannot do much to atone for my sins.
So, I will just say "Michael: What ever it was, I apologize for it!"

Now can we go back to discussing the issues instead of my miserable
misbegotten misunderstood and misinterpreted motives?

Quite frankly Michael, if I "knew who they are", I would most
assuredly have told the world who they are!

The fact is that none of us know who "they" are!

Cheers...\Stef

>From your message Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:45:11 -0004:
}
}
}
}> Michael Sondow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
}> Subject: Re: [Membership] The People's Republic of ICANN?
}>
}> Einar Stefferud a =E9crit:
}>
}> > What we have here is a very serious startup problem of bootstraping from
}> > no members at all to some Interent informed memebers who are dedicated
}> > to openness and due process.
}>
}> And of course Einar Stefferud's going to decide who they are.
}>
}
}  "Hannah Arendt had it right. She said one of the great tactical
}advantages of the totalitarian elites of the twenties and thirties was
}to turn any statement of fact into a question of motive."
}   -- Daniel Moynihan, quoted in the New Yorker, 8 Feb 99, p. 30
}
}