As a gesture of inclusivity towards the customs of countries and
other than the US, perhaps the practice of compulsory voting is the
way to go.  Even if the idea itself is later voted out, its a chance to
learn something about the actual user population instead of relying
on assumptions and surmises 'for their own good.'

kerry