The big problem with asking the question "Has the NSA required you to add a
back door?" is that no small company that wants to say in business can or
will say yes (If they do, no one will trust/use the product unless forced
themselves). The company will agree/be forced to say no. How does one tell
that no from an authentic no?

Therefore, once trust is question, the only way to be sure is to do the
self review suggested earlier...

However, from my perspective, the code in pfSense is more like to be secure
than any commercial, closed source solution. See prior threads about
FreeBSD security.

Walter

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Thinker Rix <thinke...@rocketmail.com>wrote:

> On 2013-10-09 19:03, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
>> (TIC mode: on)
>>
> Sorry, but I guess the whole matter - not only concerning pfSense, but the
> current threat to our civilization by our criminal governments as a whole -
> is much too serious for any "TIC-modes"..

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis