On 2014-05-09 15:13, Jason McClung wrote:
On 5/9/2014 3:02 PM, Dave Warren wrote:
Anyone have experience with a Intel Pro/1000 PT Quad Port PCI-e Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter EXP19404PT on pfSense?

From wandering the forums it looks like it should be supported in pfSense 2, but I can't find any confirmation that it actually works.

Or alternatively, can anyone else recommend a quad port that's available at a reasonable price for a small deployment?

I have Intel Pro/1000PT Quad port (low-profile if that matters) in my home pfSense box. I just installed it 2 weeks ago actually (recent cheap ebay find). I have has no issue so far, but I am not a too demanding user.
Check out the FreeBSD 8.3 HCL for supported network cards.
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.3R/hardware.html#ETHERNET

The one I'm looking at is listed, but I've learned that the HCL isn't always reliable as to whether something actually works in the real world :(

I'm looking on eBay as well, it's worth the gamble vs buying new.

Thanks!

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/