Ryan,

I’m not sure what you’re asking.

This thread started off with Sergii Cherkashyn asking if running on an SSD was
advisable.

Obviously, it works, or we wouldn’t offer it. (The thread Sergii pointed-to is
from early 2011.  Netgate did not ship SSDs for several
years because the reliability *then* was so poor.  The situation changed, and,
once quality SSDs were available (*with power-fail capacitors, etc.*),
we began offering same.

Then you jumped in asking (is) “SDHC slot on this board is simply for show?”

I honestly though you were trolling.   Since there is a configuration of the
APU units available for sale both at the Netgate store *and* the pfSense store
(http://store.pfsense.org) that does not include a m-sata drive, how else could
the system boot pfSense?

Now you post on a public list, (a list about pfSense), asking me to change an
unspecified page on (I assume), the Netgate site.

Setting aside the whole issue of why we’re talking about this on-list, I can’t
find the text that confused you.

Here is what I found on the Netgate site:

http://store.netgate.com/APU1C4.aspx says: "Boot from SD card (connected
through USB), external USB or m-SATA SSD.”
http://store.netgate.com/APU1C.aspx says: "Boot from SD card (connected through
USB), external USB or m-SATA SSD."

You may wish to note that this language exactly matches that found on the PC
Engines site:
        "Boot from SD card (connected through USB), external USB or m-SATA
SSD.”

ref: http://pcengines.ch/apu.htm, and http://pcengines.ch/apu1c.htm,

and page 9 of the schematic for the APU (http://pcengines.ch/schema/apu1c.pdf)
clearly shows that the “SD card interface” runs through a Alcore Micro AU6465
(http://www.alcormicro.com/en_content/c_product/product_01b.php?CategoryID=7&IndexID=19)
 to USB6 on the AMD T40 SoC.

If you will be so kind as to make a specific request for change of the language
you found confusing, I’ll take a look at it.
You might even send such a request to me in-private, so as not to further
clutter the list.

Right now, I can’t find a problem.

JIm