I have some aliases containing FQDNs instead of IP addresses (very
useful feature). However they keep on being removed from the pf rules.

For example an alias of type networks contains IP addresses, IP
networks, and domain names. When I check with
  pfctl -t aliasname -T show
Only the IP addresses and networks show, the IP addresses for the domain
names are missing.
Adding the name to the table works:
  pfctl -t aliasname -T add domain.net

But it disappears from the table within seconds.
This alias is referenced by 2 rules.

If I create a test alias with one of the domain names in question the
table stays as it should, or at least
  pfctl -t test -T show
shows that. This table is not referenced by any rule.

I can't rely on pfsense operating properly like this. It's a bit like
putting a lock on a door that unknown to anyone only locks before noon.

What's the cause of this behaviour, and how do I fix it?
It used to work, but that may have been 2.1.3.
I just reinstalled 2.1.5 again to check if that fixes things, but it
doesn't. The problem occurs on a freshly installed system.

Thanks muchly,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann