On 15-01-16 07:34 AM, Vick Khera wrote:

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:35 AM, Tim Jansen <tim...@byte-site.de <mailto:tim...@byte-site.de>> wrote:

    some SuperMicro systems (and yours as well) have an IPMI interface
    running via the 1st onboard NIC, which means IPMI shares the phys.
    NIC with the typically LAN configuration on OS level while the
    IPMI interface is configured within the Bios.

This has caused issues for me too. If you have the IPMI interface enabled, make sure that the sharing mode for the ethernet port is suitable for your configuration. I personally always put the LAN interface on the shared port as that causes the fewest problems for me. I usually set the interfaces to "share" mode with the IPMI.

Hi Vick.

I think you are on to something there. The part that really confused me is I have two of those servers. One was working OK and the other was failing miserably. It is quite possible the working server had the IPMI interface on the LAN port.

The intermittent failure was enough to drive me crazy!!

thanks,

Geoff