> On Jun 5, 2015, at 10:12 AM, Brennan H. McNenly <bmcne...@singularisit.com>
> wrote:
>

>> And those of you with VMware experience… if I run the virtual firewall I
>> would need to have at least a VMware Essentials license to come close to the
>> throughput, right? Since the IOps are capped at something like 10MB/sec in
>> the free version.
>
> There are no IOP or throughput limits on the free version of the ESXi
> hypervisor.  The VMWare Essentials license gets you vSphere which can be used
> to manage up to three ESXi hosts.  This also lets you setup an HA cluster
> with those hosts.
>
> Otherwise you can run ESXi stand alone for free without vSphere and without
> any performance limits.

Hmm. I wonder why my file transfers never exceed 10MB/sec then… I’ve been
trying to migrate many TB of data via SCP to the datastore but I also have
similar caps when doing FTP over the LAN to a server.

If there’s someone here that would be interested in giving me a hand with this
off list I’d be most appreciative. Moving 13TB of data at 10MB/sec has been
very challenging.