On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:50:30 -0500
Vick Khera <vi...@khera.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Marco <li...@homerow.info> wrote:
>
> > How to access the mobile hosts via the same hostname regardless if
> > they are connected to the LAN or VPN?
> >

> Via some form of dynamic DNS perhaps? It seems it should be possible
> to have the openvpn client run some script that will register its
> current IP into a BIND server via RFC2136 update.

That could work. The client VPN client for sure knows the hostname
and the IP address. But I have no clue how to implement that.

I guess this is not a very unique problem and I assume that others
already solved it.

> Setting up BIND 9 to manage a dynamic zone is not very difficult.

Do I need an additional BIND instance besides the unbound that's
already running on the pfSense box?

Marco