On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 11:59:09 -0600
Steven Spencer <steven.spen...@kdsi.com> wrote:

> On 02/12/2018 11:43 AM, Marco wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:21:08 -0600
> > Steven Spencer <steven.spen...@kdsi.com> wrote:

  Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

  Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

  Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

> No selinux in play on the Linux
> laptop

No selinux in use.

> I looked at your screen shots and I can't see anything that leaps
> out at me. We have a number of PfSense firewalls in use (15)
> within our organization and I've used port forwarding on every one
> of them and have never run into a problem-unless the receiving
> machine refuses the connection.

Same here. Not that I'm a network expert, but I've set up five
pfSense installations and port forwarding has always been an easy
task which worked by just configuring the NAT rule.

If the receiving machine refuses the connection, I would not be able
to successfully "port test" it from the pfSense box and I would see
incoming packets with wireshark (I believe). Therefore, I suspect an
issue with the port forwarding.

> I've been bitten by selinux before and more recently, by firewalld.

Not installed and (therefore I hope) not used.

Thanks for the support and confirming that it's not something
obvious. Will investigate later.

Marco