Hi pfSense experts,

I was hoping you could help me with a config questions. I have pfSense
configured as main routed for my network. The WAN is connected to DSL
modem, one LAN on a ethernet switch and another LAN port on a Netgear
R8000 with dd-wrt installed. One of the cool features of the R8000 is
that it has two seperate wireless networks: 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

I wanted to use one for guest and only allow access to internet while
the other for permitted users (family members) that would also have
access to the local network. How am I going to achieve this on pfSense
though? is it a matter of closing access to local network for all IPs
coming from the AP except those I want to permit (family devices) or is
there a simpler way of doing this i.e. VLANs?

I look forward to your reponse.

Thank you

--

Respect your privacy and that of others, don't give your data to big
corporations.