Well said Tony I was aghast as well about so many emails about avoiding the standards
Call it a personal preference but it is not about standards.

This attidude that "I" feel is wasting a lot of time on this group.
If you feel otherwise than using standards join a net hacking group.

It is not my personal judgment, but my committmernt to W3C standards
and consideration for my users that I regard new windows as verboten
so does W3C Strict validation probably for very good reasons.

Please no more personal preference to avoid standards.