Barney

There is effectively no semantic difference.  To stop the spread of grey goo on the net, the only semantics we shoud be worried about are those which are picked up by search engines, and a <span class="sentence"> means equally as little as &nbsp;&nbsp; to these.  It is also of little consequence to user agents if implemented correctly.

When visually examined by another human, most likley for site maintenance purposes, either technique will be able to convey the meaning.  If you do have to use double space, I would suggest use the no breaks as it cuts down on page length and embeded tags

- Rob

http://ele.vation.co.uk