Rob O'Rourke wrote:

  <ul class="news-articles">
 <li>
    <h2>Article title</h2>
 </li>
</ul>
James.I think using 'p' element is more appropriate as date it's text content. So:

I'd hesitate to use <p> tags like that because I wouldn't say the date is a paragraph. Spans and divs are perfectly acceptable content containers but i'm just nitpicking again.

Rob O
Why you wouldn't say that date in this case is not paragraph?
Paragraph in html is just block of text and this is block of text content isn't? We don't have 'date' element in html therefore we need to take more universal element which in first row for me is 'p'.. (universal element for text content).. after that would be 'div' which is universal for any content but I think using it to wrap text is nearly same misconception as using divs for lists.

--
Mariusz Nowak

Skype: mariuszn3
AIM: mariuszn3