> On Feb 23, 2018, at 10:36 PM, Kuldeep More <kuldeep.m...@intelli-vision.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> Why is your call to “setupDatagramSocket()” failing?
>
> Now I have added some extra logs in “setupDatagramSocket()”.
> From the logs socket error number I am getting is 92 and error string is
> Protocol not available.

No, what I meant was:
        Which specific piece of the code that implements the
“setupDatagramSocket()” function (lines 96 to 175 of
“groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp” is failing, and why.  Remember, You Have
Complete Source Code.

> Also found that on some devices it is working fine. But on some devices it is
> not working.

By default, the server uses the network interface that’s used for IP multicast
routing - i.e., the one that has a route for 224.0.0.0/4.  (The reason for this
is that it uses IP multicast to detect its own IP address.)

So, the easiest way to choose a particular network interface is to reconfigure
your host so that it uses that network interface for IP multicast routing.  You
should be able to do this by running (as root):
        route add 224.0.0.0/4 ip-address-for-that-nic

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/