On 2017-02-22 18:50, Greg Clayton via lldb-dev wrote:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 5:08 PM, Jim Ingham <jing...@apple.com
<mailto:jing...@apple.com>> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 4:49 PM, Jim Ingham via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org <mailto:lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org>> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Greg Clayton via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org <mailto:lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org>> wrote:

- StepOverBreakpointTestCase: Have the test not store the breakpoints
in the test case object. Basically, declare that this is not a bug,
and it's the users responsibility to clean up necessary objects.

It would be nice to avoid this.

I don't agree with this.  I think trying to force folks using the API
from Python to manually clear all stored objects would be really
obnoxious.  If anything, we should figure out how to make this
accidental failure into an intended failure so we can make sure we
don't end up requiring this kind of micro-management.

It's possible you meant "it would be nice to avoid it's being the
user's responsibility to clean up necessary objects", in which case
sorry for mis-reading but happy we agree...

Yep, that is what I meant. No one should have to worry about cleansing
any variables. It should just work. So we need to pick the lldb::SB
objects that have strong reference very carefully.

I think the same goes for SBValue, whenever I've looked at 'locals' the executable gets locked until my SBValue refs get gcd.

--
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software