I just fixed LOGJ2-1402.  I would also like to modify RenameAction to use
java.nio.file to rename and delete so that we can get better logging out of
them. Ultimately, I want to address LOG4J2-1180 to have the rolling file
appender write directly into the “rollover files” as this is apparently the
only real fix for Windows.  However, I don’t want to do that in a point release.

LOG4J2-1180 was updated today and it seems the support for having Loggers
stored by their message factory is not working correctly. Gary apparently is
also experiencing this problem.

I would like to see if we can fix these three items this week and do another
release this weekend.  If there are any other bugs that can be addressed by
then I’m ok with that.

Thoughts?

Ralph