As mentioned on the Ant dev list (plus I think Ralph mentioned this once
before), in Java 9, we can use multi-release JARs where the Java 9 specific
code overlays the other code. So for example, supporting the stack walker
API could be done by having different versions of specific classes that use
the native API versus the reflective one in ReflectionUtil. Thanks to this
multi-release support, I doubt we'll have to break API compatibility to
support Java 9.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>