Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:49:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Why is log4net not more similar to log4j(2)?
From: garydgreg...@gmail.com
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
CC: log4net-u...@logging.apache.org

Porting Log4j 2 would be a *huge* job. Would you use a translator of some kind?
Gary
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com> wrote:
I was debating offering to help.  Not that I wouldn't be interested, just don't
know how much time I could commit.  Also, not sure I would be interested in
"patching" log4net.  In my mind the best approach would be to port log4j2.  I
would like the two to be very similar, down to the level values, configuration
syntax, appenders, filters and extensibility.

Thanks,

Nick