I was thinking maybe the sheer number of appenders/filters would make it a lot
of effort to port the entire list and just porting the core infrastructure and
maybe one appender just so that you could see something working might
something, while a large effort, wouldn't be huge.  But I guess you're saying
it would be a huge effort.

Not sure if there are good java to c# translators and even if there is what
other hurdles you might run into trying to port via a translator, e.g. platform
specific code.

I was assuming you could do it in phases.  Maybe the code is somewhat layered
so that the "core" could be ported without too much difficulty.

Thanks,
Nick