My log4j2 sync configuration is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Configuration>
    <Appenders>
        <!-- Async Loggers will auto-flush in batches, so switch off
immediateFlush. -->
        <File name="File" fileName="{PATH}/a.log"
immediateFlush="false" append="false">
            <PatternLayout pattern="%d %-5p [%c{2}] %m%n"/>
        </File>
        <Console name="STDOUT" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
            <PatternLayout pattern="%d %-5p [%c{2}] %m%n"/>
        </Console>
    </Appenders>

    <Loggers>
        <Root level="info" includeLocation="true">
            <AppenderRef ref="File"/>
            <AppenderRef ref="STDOUT"/>
        </Root>
    </Loggers>

</Configuration>

And async configuration change <Root> to <AsyncRoot>