All,

One thing we just noticed is that we are using Apache’s HTTP connection pooling
for our downstream calls and in our latest performance run is that the READ
operation on org.apache.http.impl.conn.LoggingInputStream seems to be taking a
bulk of the time.

If I look at the code, once the HTTP client reads the byte stream it issues a
log.debug which could be a large payload, I wonder if that’s what is causing
the issue?

Please note aware, the version of httpclient we’ve been using has also been
constant:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
        <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
        <version>4.5.2</version>
</dependency>

Ron DiFrango