On 2015-10-18, Gary Gregory wrote:

> I've never built this guy before. Do you have a BUILDING.txt or
> instructions on a Wiki on how to validate an log4net RC?

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/building.html

Forget all the Visual Studio stuff and go to "NAnt".  You should use
NAnt 0.92, 0.91 will be fine for Windows as well.

If you'd like to validate all DLLs, then you are in for a hunt and very
likely need an MSDN subscription to get hold of ancient versions of .NET
- so don't even try to do that.  Buiding the relase involved combining
artifacts built on four different machines (for really old Mono, XP -
non networked - for really old .NET, recent Mono and recent .NETs).

If you've got access to a recent Windows system and a recent .NET SDK,
you'll likely only manage to build the .NET 4.0 and 4.5 assemblies.
Likewise on a recent Linux distro with recent Mono packages you'll only
receive the mono-3.5 and mono-4.0 binaries.

Cheers

        Stefan