At Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:44:28 +0000, Greg McCarroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> so who else has had cool non-IT jobs in the past?

I was the social secretary at City University for a year - 1981/2. Does
that count?

Interesting stories that I can be persuaded to tell after a few beers:

1/ Turning down Culture Club because they'd never get anywhere.

2/ Also turning down China Crisis for the same reason (tho' I was
probably right there).

3/ Being threatened by Buster Bloodvessel of Bad Manners.

4/ Booking Toto Coelo and being accused of sexism by the London
Student newspaper.

5/ Booking Marillion just before they became really famous.

Probably some more that I'll remember later.

Dave...