I'm trying to stop people buggering about on my website and looking in
directories they shouldn't be, this includes several robots that have
started trawling through it.

I have family pictures, and work related pictures. I want each group to only
look at their own images (for example I don't want my family looking at the
pictures of pissed-up perlmongers (not that I'm ashamed of you or anything
:-)

So I guess I have to make directories, and only tell people who need to know
that they are there, and not link to them from any other publicly available
page.

I don't really like this, is there another way? I don't want to have to
resort to .htpasswd files, which is what I've implemented for now.

/Robert, realising that he doesn't know very much about web security
actually